Cox® Technic is a non-surgical, doctor-controlled, hands on spinal manipulation performed with the patient lying on The Cox® Table. The table permits the effective administration of flexion-distraction and decompression adjustment and manipulation. The goal of Cox® Technic is to help the spinal pain patient go from “pain” to “no pain” as quickly as possible.
Well-researched and documented, flexion-distraction and decompression helps relieve spinal pain and return patients to their desired quality of life by:
- Dropping intradiscal pressure
- Widening the spinal canal foraminal area
- Reducing pressure on the spinal nerves
- Returning motion to the spinal joints
Evidence-based Cox® Technic is appropriate for conditions causing low back and leg pain as well as neck, arm, and pelvic pain. It also reduces pain attributable to:
- Disc Herniation
- Slipped Disc
- Ruptured Disc
- Facet Syndrome
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Whiplash-type injuries
- Persistent pain after back surgery
- Pregnancy back pain
What is a Cox® Technic Treatment Like?
After undergoing a thorough examination that leads the doctor to a specific diagnosis of the spine condition to be treated.
- The patient lies face down on a Cox® Table
- Tolerance testing is performed prior to the application of Cox® Technic to ensure that the treatment will not further aggravate the condition
- In delivering the treatment, the physician concentrates on one vertebral motion segment at a time
- The goal is to reduce stenotic effects by dropping intradiscal pressure, thus allowing disc reduction, an increase in the size of the intervertebral foramen, and a reduction of pressure on the dorsal root ganglion and the exiting nerve root
Visit the Cox® Technique website for more information.