Theralase® therapeutic laser treatments provide patients with a safe, effective and painless therapy that uses the body’s own natural healing systems to relieve both chronic and acute pain, increase joint mobility and tissue integrity, and promote cell regeneration.
How Does it Work?
A cold laser works by supplying energy to the body in the form of billions of photons of light. The body absorbs this laser light on a cellular level and transforms it into chemical energy, which the body then uses to commence its own tissue repairs. The biostimulating effect of laser therapy causes a decrease in inflammation and pain and an increase in tissue regeneration and healing.
- Increases cell reproduction and growth
- Stimulates fibroblast development and collagen synthesis to expedite wound healing
- Reduces swelling caused by bruising and inflammation to enhance mobility
- Reduces the formation of scar tissue
- Increases cellular metabolic activity which increases the production of ATP (our cells’ basic food source)
- Induces temporary vasodilation increasing blood flow to the damaged areas
- Speeds the process of nerve cell reconnection by stimulating nerve function
What Does it Treat?
- Tennis/Golfer’s elbow
- Knee pain, Back pain, Neck pain
- Achilles Tendinitis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Rotator Cuff Tears, Frozen Shoulder
- And much more
Does it hurt?
No. There are two general types of medical lasers: heat generating lasers which cut through tissues and cold lasers which stimulate tissue repair, reduce inflammation, and eliminate pain. Cold lasers are not strong enough to damage cells; so even if they were used 24 hours a day on your condition, they would not be able to harm you.
Visit the Theralase® Cold Laser website for more information.